www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from carlybish. Make your own badge here.
Came home at 12:30 AM tonight, saw the bright moon directly above me, encircled by a glowing ring of light, and decided I would stay outside my house for a while. I played a new riff I came up with on my guitar (recently covered with wild looking poetry by myself) and came up with a few lyrics to accompany it.

"It's come down to this
It's all very clear
I falling hard for you
Right now, right here
Your eyes, your smile
I could look at you
So talk to me a while"

Yeah, they're not very refined, but it's a basic foundation.

I fell asleep upon arriving at my guitar teacher's house today. When I walked in, he was still teaching, so I sat on his sofa to wait. With my guitar propped between my legs, I dozed off listening to the two of them practice this amazing instrumental piece I had never heard before. It was a sweet-sounding lullaby and caused me to drift quickly into unconsciousness. I woke up after I heard, "...to her lesson. Oh look, she's napping. Wow... she's out. Poor, tired girl..." It was one of those sleeps where I could still hear people talking and make out bits of conversation. After hearing him mention how I tired I was, I slowly remembered where I was and opened my eyes. Oh yeah... guitar... practice... learning... Wake up.

I had a nice day today. Of course, like all Wednesdays, the best part of it was CRU. I love seeing my friends and listening to them talk, and laugh, and make fun of each other. Nick kept himself entertained with a napkin and a pen, and after about two hours at it, he finished with (what I remember anyway) a tiny little sun, a boy's head with a "DUNCE" cap on, a flower, and some other squiggly thing. That's it, after all that time... I guess that means he was distracted by people talking to him the majority of the night--a very good thing.

Once again, I must mention how I've seen Sarah grow as a person. There was a time when I had a lot of difficulty getting close to her because for a long time, I always felt like I was walking on glass around her. Although she reads this, I'm not worried about what she'll say because I'm pretty sure she'll know why I say it. Anyways, I've relaxed a lot more when I'm with her and have found that I can truly confide in her. I think I've gained a lot of her trust, and I hope she knows that she's gained a lot of mine.

Fiona and I got closer tonight. She really opened up to me and I was glad that it wasn't just me venting things out to her, but her telling me things. I always feel guilty bringing my problems or issues out onto someone else, but I realized from talking to Fi that it is a really nice thing to listen and hear about other peoples' struggles. I mean, I am a good listener and I'd like to think that I usually have some fairly good advice, but I also know that I release on others a lot, too, and that's not a bad thing. It's healthy. So, as I sat with Fi, I felt really good about being quiet and just being a friend.

John R. gave me an amazing hug before I left tonight. In fact, I was driving away when he waved his hands to stop me. I rolled my window down and asked, "What?" He reached into the car door, unlocked it, opened it and attacked me with the biggest hug I've had in a long time. Of course, the first thing I ask is, "What's this for??" And he says, "Because, I needed to give you one." Then he says that he could fall asleep right there in my arms, and I thought, Wow, that's kinda sweet... When he backed up, he gave me one of those high-five/hand-hold things and said, "Thanks." I asked, "For what?" He smiled, "For being here." I love John and I hope he's as genuine as he seems all the time--I believe he is.

Well, this post started somewhere but ended up pretty much no where, but that's ok with me. Just so long as I write something. Gosh, I'm tired. Normally, I would try and write something witty and thought-provoking... But not right now. Right now, I'm just... Meh.